Privacy statement, yrityksendigitalous.fi
Prepared on 10 February 2022, updated on 7 October 2022
More information about the Finnish Patent and Registration Office’s data protection and description of data file (link to the prh.fi website)
Name: Finnish Patent and Registration Office
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, 00091 PRH, Finland
Other contact details: tel. +358 29 509 5000, kirjaamo(at)prh.fi
2. Contact person in register-related matters
Name: Erja Lohikoski, Enterprises and Corporations, Real-Time Economy project
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, 00091 PRH, Finland
Other contact details: tel. +358 29 509 5062, erja.lohikoski(at)prh.fi
3. Data protection officer
Olli Vento, tel. +358 29 509 5743, olli.vento(at)prh.fi
4. Purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
1. Delivery of newsletter subscriptions (newsletters of the Real-Time Economy project and newsletter subscription forms): The contact information provided by the customers is only used for mailing the newsletters. To mail the newsletters, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office maintains a separate customer register as part of the newsletter system and outside the project website. The customers can give their consent by entering their contact details on the subscription form.
2. Responding to customer feedback: The contact information provided by the customers is only used for responding to feedback.
3. Visitor tracking: We collect statistical information on the use of the website by means of cookies. The information is used for developing the website. However, the information is not used for user profiling. Siteimprove visitor tracking is used.
4. Registration for events organised by the project: Contact information is used for communicating about event arrangements, such as announcing possible timetable changes, compiling catering order information (number of participants, special diets) and sending feedback surveys. The information collected is not used for other purposes.
5. Participation in joint development in the project: Interest in joint development can be expressed while registering for an event or by notifying one’s interest in participating in a trial. There is a separate form for trial applications. The collected data is used by the ecosystem development team that coordinates the joint development and by the trial office that works to support it to communicate with those who have expressed their interest in trials. The information is not used for other purposes.
6. Responding to project surveys: The project implements various surveys to achieve its goals. The purpose of the survey determines whether the respondent will be identifiable as an individual or whether the data is processed only statistically. The information collected will not be used for purposes other than those stated in the survey.
5. Data content of the data register
1. Newsletter subscriptions/cancellations (*= required information): first name*, last name*, e-mail*, name of organisation, and newsletter(s) that the customer would like to subscribe*.
2. Feedback (common e-mail address): contact details of the feedback provider (optional), usually e-mail address and name.
4. Registration for events (event management system Lyyti; *=required information): will participate yes/no*, first name*, last name*, e-mail*, mobile phone number (if participating on-site*), can send newsletter yes/no, interest in joint development.
5. Registration for joint development in connection with event registration (event management system Lyyti; *= required information): first name*, last name*, e-mail address*. Application for trials (Tax Administration’s Webropol service; *= required information) organisation name*, organisation contact*, e-mail address*.
6. Surveys (PRH’s, Tax Administration’s and State Treasury’s Webropol services): Depending on the purpose of the survey, no identifying information at all, or if follow-up interviews are agreed with the respondents (*=mandatory information) first name*, last name*, organisation*, role/position in the organisation, e-mail*, phone number*.
6. Regular data sources
Sections 1,2 and 4–6: The information is obtained from the customer themselves
Section 3: The information is obtained by means of cookies
7. Regular data disclosures
No data is disclosed.
8. Regular data disclosures and transfers outside the EU or the EEA
No data is disclosed.
9. Principles governing the protection of the register
The register does not contain confidential information.
Only the persons authorised by the controller can access the data processed in the information systems. Validity of the access rights is checked on a regular basis, and unnecessary rights are cancelled. The data network and terminal equipment on which the register is located are protected by technical means.
10. Data retention period/criteria for determining the retention period
Section 1 (subscriptions): The information is stored in the newsletter subscriptions customer register of the Finnish Patent and Registration Office in the newsletter system, and it will be retained for the duration of the service life cycle or until the customer cancels the subscription. Each email message sent to the customer contains a link to the cancellation function.
Section 2 (feedback): The data will be retained only as long as required to process the customer’s case, and the data is not compiled as a register.
Section 3 (visitor tracking): The data is entered in the Siteimprove visitor tracking service, where the data is kept for 26 months. The data is automatically deleted each month at the end of the data retention period.
Section 4 (registration for events): The data will be stored in the event management system until the end of the project period, at most, until 31 December 2024.
Section 5 (registration for joint development or application for trials): The data will be stored until the end of the project period, at most, until 31 December 2024.
Section 6 (survey responses): The data will be stored until the end of the project period, at most, until 31 December 2024.
11. Information on automated decision-making (such as profiling) and information on the logic of data processing and its impacts on the data subject
Information is not used for automated decision-making or profiling.
12. Right of access
The data subject has the right to check the data kept on them in the register. The request is to be addressed to the Finnish Patent and Registration Office’s registry.
13. Rectification of data
The data subject has the right to demand rectification of their data in the register. The request is to be addressed to the Finnish Patent and Registration Office’s registry.
14. Right to object to the processing of the data
The data subject has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to their particular situation, to processing (such as profiling) of personal data concerning them.
15. Right to restrict processing
The data subject has the right to restrict the processing of their personal data as laid down in article 18 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
16. Right to erasure
The data subject has the right to request the controller to erase their personal data from the personal data file. The request must be submitted to the registry.
17. Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if they believe that their rights have been violated by the controller.
18. Other possible rights
Personal data is not used or disclosed for direct advertising, distance selling or other direct marketing, market surveys or opinion polls, register of persons’ names or genealogical research.
Note, however, that some of the pages and services we provide may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
More information about cookies: Siteimprove’s Cookie Notice and Information. (The link will open Siteimprove’s support site.)