Privacy statement, yrityksendigitalous.fi
Prepared on 10 February 2022.
Name: Finnish Patent and Registration Office
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, FI-00091 PRH, Finland
Other contact details: tel. +358 29 509 5000, kirjaamo(at)prh.fi
2. Contact person in register-related matters
Name: Erja Lohikoski, Enterprises and Corporations, Real-Time Economy project
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, FI-00091 PRH, Finland
Other contact details: tel. +358 29 509 5062, erja.lohikoski(at)prh.fi
3. Data protection officer
Olli Vento, tel. +358 29 509 5743, olli.vento(at)prh.fi
4. Purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
- Delivery of newsletter subscriptions (newsletters of the Real-Time Economy project and newsletter subscription forms): The contact information provided by the customers is only used for the purpose of mailing the newsletters. To mail the newsletters, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office maintains a separate customer register as part of the newsletter system and outside the project website. The customers can give their consent by entering their contact details on the subscription form.
- Responding to customer feedback (feedback form): The contact information provided by the customers is only used for the purpose of responding to feedback. Providing the contact information is voluntary. The customers can give their consent by entering their contact information on the feedback form.
- Visitor tracking: We collect statistical information on the use of the website by means of cookies. The information is used for the purpose of developing the website. However, the information is not used for user profiling. We use Siteimprove visitor tracking (the information is in Finnish)
5. Data content of the register
- Newsletter subscriptions/cancellations (*= mandatory information): first name*, last name*, email*, name of organisation, and newsletters that the customer would like to subscribe*.
- Feedback: contact details of the feedback provider (optional), usually email address and name. This information is used for the purpose of responding to the feedback on the project.
6. Regular data sources
Sections 1, 2 and 4: Customers
Section 3: By means of cookies
7. Regular data disclosures
No data is disclosed to third parties.
8. Regular data disclosures and transfers outside the EU or the EEA
No data is disclosed to parties outside the EU or the EEA.
9. Principles governing the protection of the register
The register does not contain confidential information.
Only the persons authorised by the controller can access the data processed in the information systems. Validity of the access rights is checked on a regular basis and unnecessary rights are cancelled. The data network and terminal equipment on which the register is located are protected by technical means.
10. Data retention period/criteria for determining the retention period
Section 1 (subscriptions): The information is stored in the newsletter subscriptions customer register of the Finnish Patent and Registration Office in the newsletter system and it will be retained for the duration of the service life cycle or until the customer cancels the subscription. Each email message sent to the customer contains a link to the cancellation function.
Section 2 (feedback): The data will only be retained as long as required for the processing of the customer’s matter, and the data is not compiled as a register.
Section 3 (visitor tracking): The data is entered in the Siteimprove visitor tracking service, where the data is kept for 26 months. The data is automatically deleted each month at the end of the data retention period.
11. Information on automated decision-making (such as profiling) and information on the logic of data processing and its impacts on the data subject
The information is not used for automated decision-making or profiling.
12. Right of access
The data subject has the right to check the data on them kept in the register. The request must be submitted to the registry (kirjaamo in Finnish).
13. Rectification of data
The data subject has the right to request rectification of the data kept on them in the register. The request must be submitted to the registry (kirjaamo in Finnish).
14. Right to object to the processing of the data
The data subject has the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning them (such as profiling).
15. Right to restrict processing
The data subject has the right to restrict the processing of their personal data as laid down in Article 18 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
16. Right to erasure
The data subject has the right to request the controller to erase their personal data from the personal data file. The request must be submitted to the registry.
17. Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if the data subject is of the view that his or her rights have been violated by the controller.
18. Other rights
Personal data is not used or disclosed for direct advertising, distance selling or other direct marketing, market surveys or opinion polls, register of persons’ names or genealogical research.
Note, however, that some of the pages and services we provide may not function properly if the cookies are disabled.
More information about cookies: Siteimprove’s Cookie Notice and Information. (The link opens to the English-language Siteimprove support site.)