The Real-Time Economy is a three-year project set up by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment on 14 June 2021. The proposals for the following are prepared in the project:
- interoperability and technology of the digital ecosystem
- functioning and processes of financial administration
- organisation and management models.
An assessment of the legislation required to support the operating models is also produced.
The project will only succeed if government agencies, companies and financial administration service providers are committed to change and participate in the joint development work.
The project is carried out at several levels. It involves specification work, mapping, analysis, modelling, descriptions and pilots. Concrete solutions will also be produced.
Government agencies responsible for the sectors in question
- Finnish Patent and Registration Office, project management
- State Treasury
- Finnish Tax Administration
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency
- Statistics Finland.
The following parties are represented in the project steering group:
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (chair), Ministry of Transport and Communications and the Ministry of Finance
- Government agencies responsible for the sectors in question
- Confederation of Finnish Industries, Finance Finland, Finnish Commerce Federation, Association of Finnish Municipalities, Federation of Finnish Enterprises, Association of Finnish Accounting Firms, and Technology Industries of Finland.